Selling your Home
Selling your home is one of the most critical financial transactions that you are likely to make in your life. Therefore it is critical that you give yourself the best opportunity to get a favourable outcome.
Here is a short checklist of things to put in place when selling your home.
- Find the real estate agent that suits your needs. A good first step is to check with friends, relatives or colleagues about their experiences with local estate agents. Word of mouth is one of the most reliable sources of information when it comes to service. Meeting with the agent and gaining an understanding of their familiarity with your area will also help you to build confidence in their ability. Ultimately you will need to feel comfortable with how they relate to you and how you feel they will represent your interests.
- Prepare all necessary paperwork – you may need to liaise with your agent, solicitor or conveyancer to make sure that you have all your bases covered.
- Try and remove emotion from the transaction. It isn;t easy when it comes to something that you have invested your time and passion into. It’s time to let go and reduce the home to commodity level.
- Consult with your agent to present your home in the best possible selling light.
- Consult with your finance broker to ensure that you won’t have any nasty surprises after sale. Get an understanding of what selling the property will allow you to do in the future.
- Ensure that all of your team are connected with each other. When you engage a quality broker, agent and conveyancer, you can rely upon them to communicate with each other and smooth out any issues that may arise before they become major issues.
The team at Australian Finance Hub are well versed in buying and selling homes and we can help make the financing of your new home seamless while assisting in the smooth sale of your current property. Give us a call to discuss your buying and selling needs.